Search This Blog

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Looking for work...

I did it. I left my job. The job which I held for seven years at a company that I worked for for nearly 12. The job which caused me so much stress that I was not sleeping, getting ulcers, and worst of all, not enjoying my husband and daughter. I never wanted to go to work and spent more time at a doctor's office that at home or work. But worst of all, my health was not the reason I left. It was the people I worked with.

I will not go I to details as I am trying to put it all behind and make a fresh start...no dwelling on the past.

At first, when I told just a few people, I heard rumblings of...in this economy? Are you crazy? What will you do? Followed by congratulations and good for yous.

Believe me, this was not a decision that came lightly nor was it rash. It came after months of not sleeping or being able to think rationally. It came after long conversations with my husband. It came after looking at budgets. It came after realizing that while I worked there, I would never be able to put my family and friends first.

So now my current job is finding a new job. One that will allow me to do what I love and put my family and friends and even myself first. I am also finding much more time to spend with my daughter. Already I have been able to chaperone her field trip and attend her open house (for the first time in ever!)

I spend 4 to 5 hours a day researching and tailoring my resume. I call companies I am interested in as well as recruiters and temp agencies in search of the perfect job. Mind you, the perfect job is not perfect, it just allows me to be happy.

I will keep you up to date on my progress...
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

No comments:

Post a Comment