Search This Blog

Thursday, July 21, 2011

The end of summer...already?

I can't believe it. Summer is almost over. I know, I know, it is still July. But it is almost the end of July. Our annual end of summer journey to Hilton Head is just a few weeks away, signaling the end of summer.

i feel like it hasn't been a real summer yet. When I was young. We spent our days and nights outside...only coming in when our parents called us for dinner. Nowadays, I find myself running home from work to pick up my daughter and getting home to make dinner. It is too hot to play outside so we spend our evenings building with legos or magnets or coloring for a short while before heading upstairs to brush our teeth, take a bath, read some books, and go to sleep. I feel like we haven't had a real summer yet.

Don't get me wrong. We have had a great summer. Swimming, birthday parties, playdates, weddings, weekend getaways. Wow, summarizing it, we have been busy, but still, it is passing by too fast.

Of course, the heat isn't helping. No afternoon playtime at school. Too hot to kick a ball around or run through the sprinkler. Power outages making it too hot at the office. I am ready for my end of summer vacation to get a break from the heat, routines, and weekend trips...but still not ready for the summer to end.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

No comments:

Post a Comment